Monday, January 17, 2011

2011 Updates

So much has been going on lately there has been no time to blog.
Since my last post, I've gathered lots of new parts for both the
rigid Maxi and my Peugeot TSM. I got a DMP super stuffy crank,
bearings, seals, EBR spring forks, and a 74cc Gila with head for
the Maxi. Next step for this project is to send out the E50 cases
to get bored and welded. I know lots of people build Gilas without
welding extra material onto their cases. I however don't plan
on taking any chances of blowing base gaskets and destroying
my investments. So consider it a done deal; extra $$$ and all.



Here is a pic of the Maxi of the Maxi N with the 2.75" tire
and wheel set from my TSM.



2011 is going to be the year of fast Peugeot builds. It seems
like everyone is posting news of their GR1 and GR2 projects.
I will be converting my TSM into a 70cc water-cooled racer. So
far I've gathered Malossi engine cases and a 21 PHBG race carb.
I also splurged on one of these race swing arms


Check out the super precise chain tension adjusters.

Only downside is that it didn't come with engine mounts.
I removed my old engine mounts from the stock swing arm,
but had to destroy it in the process, though I tried my best
not to.






The results were worth it though. With a little bending and
coercing I finally got it mounted. Now the TSM looks like a
badass dirt bike!


Finally, I just won a complete front end from a 2004 Tomos
Revival off Ebay for really cheap. The Peugeot is getting a front
disc brake set up!






I hope to post more updates soon. I hate making these long
infrequent posts!

5 comments:

  1. The TSM is such a sweet bike, I'm glad to see you're doing her up right

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx mang! TSM won't be finished for a while since all the parts are so expensive. But that just means lots of update posts over a longer period of time! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your race tsm done. You need to heat up the bushings mounts first with a heat gun to melt the assembly glue, then they come out easy with a press.
    Good score on that fork!
    Where did you buy that left grimeca caliper? US or Europe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx Christophe! Your blog has been a huge inspiration for this build.

    I didn't try heat because I thought it might melt the rubber inside the bushings. I guess if I was careful it might have worked. They sure popped out easy once I cut through each side the swing arm with the dremel!

    Grimeca caliper was off Ebay from someone in Ohio parting out an '04 Revival. So hard to come by those things; I lucked out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, you got lucky.
    It's hard to find the single piston grimeca in the US.
    Once the bike is on the road give us a review on that malossi swing arm. I haven't heard good things about it from the long established moped store in France, www.la-becanerie.fr
    Thx

    ReplyDelete